DANCE QUEENS members can use the Group IM in SL to ask questions and get answers from members. The Group IM only goes to members who are online. Also, questions about dancing are sometimes asked in the comments to the blog posts.
This page is a way to collect the questions, organize them and provide answers.
New and Open Questions
- Sequenced Choreography - "Sequenced choreography - what are the differences in approach to sequenced choreography? The DQ sequences seem to be dances that are made, then used as they fit to whatever music is playing. How is it different to create sequenced choreography for shows - where you are choreographing for a particular song?"
- Choreographing Shows - "When you choreograph numbers for shows, given the huge number of dances/anims available, how do DQ members decide which ones to use for certain songs? Does anyone keep track of specific moves within dances (spins, kicks, punches, backbends, etc.)? What, if any, are particular challenges for choreographing a number for a show?"
Previous Questions and Answers
Buying and Finding Dances
- Buying Dances - "With the number of dances/anims available, how do DQ members decide which ones to purchase? Do members spend a certain amount of $L each week/month on dances? Do they buy on an as-needed basis? Do they limit the amount of dances they purchase at one time?" Answer
- Cost of Dancing - "After reading through many of the posts on the blog, it seems clear that dancing is NOT an inexpensive activity in SL. How do DQ members finance their dancing activities? Are there dancers and/or troupes that make enough $L from performances to finance their activities? Given the cost of dances, costumes, streams, movement systems, etc. - how does anyone afford to dance in SL?" Answer
- Finding Dances - "hi ty for the info, but i would like to know where i can find these 2 anims please. "waiting dance" and "sultry down body"" Answer
- Finding Dances - "Hiya))) Can anyone tell me how to locate a dance in the Henmations store? I cant find a reference to a dance number there )). Many Thanks Tia" Answer
- Dance Group Leaders - "For DQ members who are also dance group leaders, is there a process for coming up with ideas for acts/shows? How do you find venues for performances (other than owning a sim and/or club). How do groups market/advertise themselves?" Answer
- Repeat Performances - "I have a question about repeat performances. From everything I've read (particularly Nottoo's posts about her SOMBRA show), creating a performance is a LOT of work. How do DQ members approach repeats of a performance? Not just shows, but also single performer acts. Do you create a routine and then just file it away? If you do revisit it, do you revamp it before performing it again?" Answer
- [GO] Command - "I have a question about the [GO] command for the Huddles. I looked at the Huddles website, but didn't find much. If I understand it, the [GO] command tells the Huddles to move to the next button on the HUD and play that dance/sequence. Is that correct? The website says it sends it to the next macro on the NC, but wouldn't that be the same as the next button on the HUD? I hope the question is clear. Any explanation is appreciated!!" Answer
- Rezzing Items - "Can you explain in
a little more detail how to add rezzing objects like the shower into a NC so the
Huddles does it automatically as part of the dance? I am NOT mathematically
inclined, so a very simple explanation (if that is possible, lol) would be
appreciated. I am assuming the numbers after the object name have something to
do with their placement - how do you determine that ahead of time?" Answer
- Huddles Error Message - "i keep getting this error... what do i do??? EZ Animator: Could not recognize token on line 0: [*LMFAO]S4D_Funky_117. This may mean that this notecard is in the wrong format. Please refer here for more help: http://imakehuddles.com/wordpress/?page_id=91 on" Answer
- DANCE QUEENS and Illegal Dances - "As far I read you stop creating Dances and share informations about dances. So I have some questions. 1st Do you trust linden and if you trust her , what is this post ? 2nd If they are stolen or not why you do not left to Linden to solve it? 3nd What make you a Police officer to im to this ppl and talk with this behavour. I believe that you loose it , in somewhere that you loose it and first that linden must have is to penalty you , behavour like this must be forbidden in sl. I am telling this because to put talks without their permission and tell that you threaten ppl it makes you dangerous as a behavour" Answer